Please visit www.lertraveldiary.com for the latest blog post

Zafran Restaurant @ Bandar Baru Uda, Johor Bahru

Leave a Comment
2 July 2014

July 2014 is the holy month for Muslim friends.  They will abstain from taking food from dawn to dusk. This need lots of determination. I tried it a few times. However, I still drink water. In the evening, I join 2 of my Muslimah friends to break fast (buka puasa) in Zafran Restaurant.

Kumar or Date
The first food to break fast. Date is high fiber and glucose content. It is considered one of the best food to break fast. My muslimah friend mentioned that Zafran Restarant do served good quality date. I found the date's skin is a bit thick. I just not used to this fruit yet.

 Cold water
We request for warm water. However, the heater was spoil that day.

Tomato salsa sauce
I like the cold and tomato's sour taste.

Lamb Soup
A great soup to go with the rice


 Chicken Mandi RM12.00
I still can't figure out why is it called "mandi". "Mandi" mean shower in Malay Language.  I wanted to ask the waiter. However, they also break fast same time with us. I will keep the question for next visit. 

 Lamb Mandi RM19.00
This lamb is so well marinated. The most crucial part is the tenderness of the lamb. It is a must to order this.

 Fatusa or Iranin Salad
I love vegetables. Thus, it is a must for me to order a vegetable dish. The salad dressing capture my taste bud. I prefer salad dressing made from fresh fruit juice and a bit of garlic juice. My muslimah friend prefer the Iranian kerepok in the salad. It is very crunchy.

Ler's Reviews:
Halal?: Halal
Service:8/10
Delicious:5/10
Parking: 8/10
(Ample of parking lots)


Zafran Restaurant
22, Jalan Padi Emas 2,
Bandar Maru Uda,
81200 Johor Bahru,
Johor

Operating Day: Monday to Sunday
Operating Hour: 11:00am - 11:00pm

GPS: 42.8710697, -77.8856212
Website: -

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ler Travel Diary. Powered by Blogger.

DMCA