Please visit www.lertraveldiary.com for the latest blog post

Experience IMAX with TGV Cinema @ Tebrau City

Leave a Comment
11 December 2013

I am very grateful to TGV Cinema, The Butterfly Project  and Ms Regina, TGV Cinema PR Manager to be able to attend this event. JB Butterflies (QiaoQiaoAudSherlyn GohKim Tan and Carinn.) and I have the chance to watch "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" 


A back drop of combination of "IMAX" and TGV Cinema" for photo session.



The buffet dinner was provided by Niniq Bistro. 


 We truly have fun before the movie screening. 

The launching of IMAX by  Gerald V. Dibbayawan, Chief Executive Officer of TGV Cinemas and Preetam Daniel, IMAX's Director of Sales for India and South East Asia.

I like this corridor. It was full with balloons floating on the ceiling.  


Event Itinerary
7.00pm - media registration
8.15pm - Opening speech by Gerald V. Dibbayawan, Chief Executive Officer of TGV Cinemas
8.20pm - Speech by IMAX,  Preetam Daniel, IMAX‘s Director of Sales for India and South East Asia
8.25pm - Lucky draw session. 20 free tickets for 5 winners. 
8.35pm - Official opening ceremony of IMAX
8.40pm - Enter IMAX theater
9.00pm - Briefing on IMAX
9.15pm - The movie screening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
11.45pm - The end.

IMAX theater in Tebrau City have 362 luxurious and comfortable seats. It is currently the largest IMAX auditorium in Malaysia in terms of seating capacity.

Friendly Tip:  Seats further from screen are better as it does not strain the neck muscle.

As part of the event, TGV Cinemas treated guests to a special premiere screening of Academy Award®-winning filmmaker Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit : The Desolation of Smaug. The second in a trilogy of films adapting the enduringly popular masterpiece "The Hobbit", by J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug continues the adventure of the title character Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman) as he journeys with the Wizard Gandalf (Ian McKellan) and thirteen Dwarves, led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) on an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor.

IMAX is believing. What is the level of believing? Let me use some simple illustration to explain.
(Please excuse  my drawing. I am  not multimedia personnel or manga blogger)

 She was eating popcorn. I was just watching. The pink square was my small camera. I like to hang  it around at my wrist.

 The background music became softer, softer..... then silence. Where she put the popcorn? I have no idea. My nervous level is increasing gradually

I saw something attach me from the screen. The sound effect was very loud. I can even feel the music vibration through my body. The next thing i know is my camera was flying to her face.

She was clutching to her head. It was very painful to be hit by a 200g camera. Addition to it,  the speed of my reflection action made the impact worse.  I am so sorry to my friend. I really though  something  come flying toward me. My instinct directed me to jump away.


 “Watching a movie in IMAX is an experience that transports movie-goers to timeless magical places like space and fairy tale lands. Together with IMAX, we want to provide an opportunity to Malaysians to have a memorable and enjoyable experience while enjoying their movie – from the comfort of our seats to the ambiance to the effects of the movie!” said Dibbayawan. 


The experience of The Hobbit with IMAX was AWESOME. Come and experience it.

Johor Bahru Butterflies (From Left) Me, QiaoQiaoAudSherlyn GohKim Tan and Carinn.
Nice to meet you all. 

Feel free to visit

0 comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ler Travel Diary. Powered by Blogger.

DMCA